The 3 Best travel insurance in the USA. Comparing and contracting one of the many existing travel insurances for the United States is one of the main headaches when it comes to organizing a vacation. When going abroad, it is very important that you have some of the best travel insurance. Which covers you in case of an accident, loss of luggage, theft, etc. In addition, if you move to countries like North America. This issue becomes fundamental since healthcare is not free and is one of the most expensive on the planet. Hence, for example, the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs warns of the need to have some of the best travel insurance for the United States before visiting this country.
I do not intend to scare you or force you to take out international travel insurance for the United States. But you have to be realistic. Below I detail some figures for health in this country:
- Doctor visit: Between $300 and $500.
- Ambulance: Between $800 and $3,300.
- Appendicitis: About $27,000, to which should be added the post-operative hospitalization of about 5 days. Which would amount to about $50,000 (€45,000). This case is truly worrying since you can suffer from it overnight. In 2013, days before a trip, I had an operation for appendicitis, an ailment that ended up getting complicated and led to peritonitis with 8 days of hospitalization. Imagine if I had been caught traveling in the United States without insurance. I should have sold my house to pay for healthcare! I tell you more, I felt appendix pain for the first time one day at 2 in the afternoon and I had an emergency operation the next day at 5:00 p.m. With this, I want to tell you that it can happen from one day to the next without prior notice. This is one of the reasons why I am convinced that it is essential to have the best travel insurance in the United States.
- Broken bone without hospitalization: About $20,000.
- Night in the hospital: About $6,000.
- Anesthesia: $700.
- MRI: About $1,000.
Is it mandatory to take out travel insurance to the United States?
To travel to the United States it is not necessary to take out travel insurance. Although it is highly recommended due to the extremely high costs of healthcare in the country. You should also bear in mind that the insurance includes other important coverage that is very necessary when making a trip. Such as theft and loss of luggage, early return, and displacement of a family member, among many others.
Hiring the best travel insurance to the United States in times of COVID-19
The pandemic inevitably affected the entire world. But the long-awaited vaccine has finally arrived. However, you should not forget that although it is highly effective, this vaccine is not 100% effective. So both for the United States and for the rest of the world, you will need the best travel insurance.
In addition, the poorest countries will take time to immunize their population. So you may find yourself with quarantines or closed borders.
Today, luckily, several insurers cover the coronavirus. Such as Mondo. Whose insurance has medical assistance for COVID-19, including the test if necessary and extension of stay in a hotel due to medical quarantine, Iati that has medical assistance, for this reason, test in all its insurance and extension of stay in a hotel, Intermundial that gives the possibility of modifying the dates of coverage and offers ideal travel insurance for the United States. The Totaltravel passport, for a vacation not exceeding 34 days, which includes the PCR test before the trip and if you test positive and you have contracted the insurance with cancellation, the recovery of your own cancellation expenses, of up to two companions and the minors registered in the same policy and for the same trip, and Chapka, which covers medical expenses and its cancellation insurance, includes COVID-19 as a reason to cancel the trip and recover the amount.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: The United States begins to remove Covid-19 restrictions. From June 12, 2022, all foreigners. Those who wish to visit the country will only have to present a certificate that certifies the complete vaccination schedule accepted against COVID-19. Vaccines must be those approved by the WHO (Pfizer/BioNTech, AstraZeneca, Janssen (Johnson & Johnson), Moderna, Sinopharm, Sinovac-Coronavac).
Therefore, the obligation to present a negative test (antigens or PCR) carried out before arriving in the United States is eliminated.
Recommendations to hire the best travel insurance to the United States
Choosing the best companies to contract travel insurance for the United States: This point is very important since the choice of the insurer will depend on the coverage and its response capacity. The insurance that bloggers and travelers always recommend is 3; Interworld, Iati, and Mondo. Undoubtedly those that offer the best coverage on the market.
Coverage: This is perhaps the most important point to take into account when hiring travel insurance to the United States. You should carefully read all the documents provided by the insurer to understand what the policy covers and check that everything is clearly indicated.
Communication with the insurer: In case you need assistance, you only have to call them by phone for free, collect, or through their app. What is the use of hiring cheap insurance if we later leave a pasture when contacting them?
Language: This is a very important aspect. For example, I can defend myself in English but I don’t speak it fluently. Imagine that I have an accident, between my nerves and my level of English I wouldn’t know anything. It is essential to check that the travel insurance for the United States provides assistance in Spanish or an interpreter 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Do not advance money: Insurance is there to make our lives easier, so if you need it, do not ask for a penny in advance.
What should travel insurance cover for the United States?
Travel insurance for the United States must have the following coverage:
- International medical and health assistance
- 24-hour assistance
- Cancellation with refund
- No anticipation of money
- Luggage theft and damage
- Civil Liability
- Reimbursements for transportation delay and loss of services
- Repatriation and transportation of the sick or deceased
- early return
- accident compensation
- Displacement of a relative
How much does travel insurance cost to the United States in 2022?
The price of travel insurance to the United States will vary depending on the coverage of the policy. The guaranteed amounts. The days of duration of your trip to the country, regardless of whether you visit Las Vegas, San Francisco, New York, Boston, or any other essential places to see in the United States.
Best travel insurance to the United States in 2022
The best travel insurance to the United States in 2022 in value for money and according to the opinions of many travelers are the following:
- II is the best travel insurance to the United States of 2022 for great travelers and bloggers.
- Mondo is a young insurer that has stood out in recent years.
- Intermundial, international insurance offered by a large insurer