Looking for a Riverside auto accident lawyer, or perhaps an Uber accident lawyer in Riverside? You have come to the right place – the #1 Riverside accident lawyers at Rizio Lipinsky.
Local Riverside car accident lawyers Greg Rizio and Darren Pirozzi of Rizio Lipinsky recently obtained a $57,947,402 million dollar verdict for a 25-year old Temecula man who suffered catastrophic injuries after being involved in an accident on the Interstate 15 Freeway.
The amount was the highest-ever gross personal injury verdict (in the catastrophic injury / brain injury category) for Riverside County. That year, it was also the highest personal injury award in the State of California, and the 2nd highest personal injury award in the nation.
Rizio Lipinsky’s results place them within the Top 1% of Firms Nationwide, according to the Trial Lawyers Board of Regents.
Based on their impressive track record of large settlements and verdicts, both Greg Rizio and Darren Pirozzi have been named “California Consumer Attorneys of the Year” by the Consumer Attorneys of California (CAOC). Greg Rizio has also been awarded Trial Lawyer of the Year by the Consumer Attorneys of the Inland Empire, as well as Trial Lawyer of the Year by the Western San Bernardino County Bar Association.
Riverside Car Accident Statistics
Southern California roads are filled with millions of cars. In Riverside alone there are over 1.7 million registered vehicles with over 1.47 million licensed drivers. Based on data provided from the CHP, Riverside has the second highest number of fatal traffic collisions in all of California.
There were 237 fatal collisions in 2015 causing a total of 252 fatalities. In that same year there were 13,071 injuries caused by traffic accidents in Riverside. Personal injury claims due to traffic accidents are unfortunately commonplace here.
If you are involved in a car accident, you are not alone. Rizio Lipinsky’s experienced auto accident lawyers in Riverside are on your side. We help drivers and passengers who have sustained accident injuries from motor vehicle accidents.
The accident attorneys in our Riverside law office help accident victims receive insurance compensation. And if needed, they can file a car accident lawsuit to sue careless drivers who injured you or your family so you can focus on healing and also have your medical bills paid.
If you have been involved in a car accident, take the time to understand your rights and the options that are available for obtaining compensation with the help of a Riverside car accident attorney.
Common Types of Car Accidents
Car accidents can occur in a broad range of situations. Some auto accident cases involve only a single driver while other accidents involve dozens of drivers or even pedestrians. Some of the most common types of car accidents include:
- Side-impact collisions: Typically caused by failure to yield the right of way to another car. At an intersection, these collision types are caused by one vehicle failing to obey traffic signals. The severity of the crash and resulting injuries may be increased at higher speeds. Some cars are equipped with side airbags that help to mitigate injuries caused by side-impact collisions. Either way, it is more likely that these types of car wrecks involve multiple different collisions and sudden speed changes before vehicles comes to a stop. The person on the side of the vehicle that was struck is more likely to sustain more severe injuries.
- Rear-end collisions: This type of accident occurs when one vehicle crashes in to the back end of another vehicle. Rear-end collisions occur when there is a sudden deceleration by the first car such that the vehicle behind does not have time to apply the brakes and stop. Typical injuries sustained in these types of accidents include whiplash, herniation of the spine, with the rearmost passengers most likely to sustain the most severe injuries. The driver of the car that rear-ends another car is considered at fault, with few exceptions. Truck accidents, in which a truck rear-ends a car, can be catastrophic.
- Rollovers: This is a type of car crash that results when a vehicle tips over onto its side or its roof. These types of collisions have a much higher fatality rate than any other type of car accident. There are two categories of rollover accidents: tripped and untripped. A tripped rollover is caused by forces exerted by another object, such as a curb or collision with another vehicle. The most common example of a tripped rollover accident is when a vehicle is sliding sideways and makes contact with a curb. Untripped rollovers are caused as the result of speed, unsafe driving conditions, and the car losing contact with the ground during cornering. Tall SUVs and trucks are vulnerable to rollovers when drivers take sharp turns that flip their vehicle over. Vehicles are required to be designed in a way that prevents structural collapse during a rollover, but these accidents can still cause significant bodily harm.
- Head-on collisions: This is an auto accident in which the front ends of two vehicles hit each other as the vehicles travel in opposite directions. These are the deadliest type of collision because the velocity of the traveling vehicles is added together causing extreme forces to be exerted during the accident. These accidents cause great bodily injury and sometimes death.
A driver who is found at fault for causing any auto accident that results in fatality can find themselves facing a wrongful death lawsuit by the surviving family members. If you have been the victim of any one of these types of accidents, make sure you contact a car accident lawyer to discuss your case.
When an accident occurs, law enforcement officers who arrive at the scene of the crash will interview both drivers and make a preliminary determination of fault. The police report will often claim who they believed were responsible for the crash.
It is important to understand that finding who is at fault is important after a crash. This will determine which party will be required to pay compensation.
It may be that you are found to be at fault for an accident you did not cause. If this happens to you, a Riverside car accident attorney can fight for you, to set the record straight and make sure you fairly receive compensation.
First Steps to Take After an Accident
If you become involved in an accident, you should try to remain calm since doing so will help you to make better decisions. Next, take the following steps:
- Immediately write down the other driver’s license plate number in case they try to flee the scene. Get in touch with law enforcement officers so they come to the crash site and document the events that occurred.
- Talk to the other driver to get their name, address, and insurance information. If possible, try to take a photograph of the other driver’s license and insurance information so you can be sure of their identity.
- Finally, take pictures of the crash site with your smartphone since doing so will help to defend your interests in the future.
- If you are injured, make sure you seek medical attention right away. Auto accidents involving high speeds commonly result in injuries that are evident right away (such as broken bones or a spinal cord injury). Or, it may result in injuries that are only evident days later (such as whiplash, headaches, TBI, and soft-tissue injuries).
- And, of course, you should contact an experienced car accident attorney in Riverside, if you have been injured. If possible, do this before the other party’s insurance reaches out to you. No matter how nice their agents may seem, the goal of the other party’s insurance carrier is to avoid paying you.
A skilled accident attorney in Riverside, CA, can make sure you are fully compensated for your injuries, and make sure you are not overlooked, bullied, or taken advantage of in any way.
When Can You Sue After An Auto Accident?
Car accident victims who have sustained serious injuries often have many questions about their legal rights, as well as the legal process. A personal injury attorney is the person who can best answer your questions about filing a personal injury claim against a negligent driver that resulted in a motor vehicle accident.
They can also answer any questions you may have about personal injury cases and whether you will need legal representation to recover funds for medical expenses for you or a family member.
If you feel shy about contacting a personal injury lawyer before you seek an insurance claim, please beware that some insurance companies will offer you a settlement that will require you to waive your right to a lawsuit.
Before signing away your rights to an insurance company, we strongly recommend that you speak with a Riverside car accident attorney to help you demand a higher settlement, or to litigate your case in court through a personal injury lawsuit.
You have the right to several forms of compensation from the other driver:
- Bodily harm: You have the right to be compensated for any medical costs you incur as a result of a crash that was not your fault.
- Loss of Income: If you have to take time off from work due to injuries that you incur as a result of an accident where you were not at fault, you have the right to full compensation.
- Property damage: The driver who is at fault in an accident is responsible for paying the cost of repairing any property that was damaged.
- Punitive damages: In cases of gross negligence, you may be entitled to additional compensation from the other driver.
How Can An Uber Accident Attorney in Riverside Help You?
Rideshare companies like Uber and Lyft have changed how the people of Riverside commute and travel. The ability to get just about anywhere on your own time and at a moment’s notice, without owning a car, is one of the best things about Uber and Lyft.
Yet, with these new transportation options come new regulations and policies, as well as legal concerns and questions. This is especially true when it comes to the safety of Uber and Lyft rideshare passengers. As the popularity of rideshare services continues to increase in Riverside, naturally, the number of car accidents involving rideshare services will also increase.
Even though Uber and Lyft are convenient, rideshares are just as likely as any other vehicle to be involved in a collision. Uber accidents leave victims with the same debilitating injuries and significant medical expenses as any other motor vehicle accident. But most victims have no idea where to turn for legal help.
If you’ve been in an accident that was either caused by rideshare drivers (such as an Uber or Lyft driver) or anyone else using their car as a taxi service, it’s essential to speak with one of our Riverside Lyft and Uber Accident Lawyers.
This type of car accident case and personal injury claim can be incredibly complicated. But if you’ve been in one, you need to understand your rights – especially when a rideshare company is involved.
Having an experienced Riverside Uber accident lawyer working with you will ensure you get the maximum compensation for injuries from your rideshare accident. The Rizio Lipinsky Riverside car crash attorneys and motor vehicle accident lawyers in Riverside can help.
When to Hire an Experienced Riverside Car Accident Attorney
If you become involved in a car accident, whether in your own vehicle or as an Uber or Lyft passenger, you should get in touch with an experienced car accident lawyer, in Riverside, Ca, to assert your rights.
Our personal injury law firm offers free consultations and legal advice to injured drivers who are unsure about what actions they should take after an accident.
Get in touch with Rizio Lipinsky‘s legal team to defend your rights to compensation today. Don’t let someone else’s negligence go without proper justice. Call toll free 1-888-292-8888 or use our online form to start your free consultation.
We have car accident attorneys conveniently located throughout Southern California, including Orange County and San Bernardino County, as well as here in Riverside County. We also work on a contingency fee basis, meaning there are no legal fees unless we win your case.
- This article should only be used for informational purposes. It does not constitute legal advice, and it does not create an attorney-client relationship with anyone. If you need legal advice, please consult an attorney in your community.